In the minute it takes you to read this DigiKnow, 60 hours of video will be uploaded to YouTube. By the end of today, 4 billion videos will have been watched around the globe on YouTube alone. We’d venture to say at least 20% of them will involve cats.
To put this in perspective, this means:
• Every second, one hour of video is uploaded to YouTube.
• 24 hours of video is uploaded every 24 seconds.
• 9 months of video is uploaded every two hours.
• A decade’s worth of video is uploaded every day.
• Every 10 days, a century of video is uploaded.
The upload rate is a 30% increase in the last eight months, while the daily views stat is a 25% increase in the same time period. These new statistics underscore the value of making your message and value proposition available via video as it increasingly serves as the medium of choice.
Sources: Search Engine Watch, YouTube