- Regular Full-Time
At Firstbird, a Radancy company, we connect people with their vocations and companies worldwide with suitable candidates through our digital employee referral program. With us, employees become brand ambassadors, and referrals become a company’s most successful recruiting channel.
We’re well on our way to revolutionizing the world of recruitment, and we're growing fast! With more and more exciting enterprise customers introducing Firstbird as their global employee referral program of choice, we’re looking for experienced reinforcement to support us in developing our growing customer base with our products and services.
As a member of our engineering team, you’ll be working on the infrastructure and backend services of our products, contributing to projects improving existing functionality, developing new features and increasing the scalability of our platform.
You’ll be working on a team designing the best possible technical solutions, driving their implementation, and challenging our ever-growing business. As part of our agile team at Firstbird, you’ll be working independently and be accountable for all aspects of your team's work. Self-development is a big part of being an engineer at Firstbird as you are encouraged to work with and on industry-leading tech.
Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply for jobs unless they believe they meet every one of the qualifications in a job description. Our top priority is finding the best candidate for the job and if you are interested in the position, we would encourage you to apply, even if you don’t believe you meet every one of the qualifications below.
- You will be part of an engineering team, working autonomously to reach company and team goals
- You will be developing and reviewing code, powering services that you and your team serve internally and externally. Your daily routine will include making decisions on the technologies and tools to use, as well as operating your team’s services in our cloud environment (AWS)
- You will keep continuous integration, code quality, code reviews, test coverage, etc. to a very high standard to ensure that our engineering is scalable and sustainable
- Your team and you will work independently and take full control of the entire software development lifecycle - from ideation to design to implementation and maintenance
- You’re a passionate software engineer with 2+ years professional experience and a strong interest in functional programming, design patterns and Domain-Driven Design.
- You are eager to work with AWS services across our tech-stack such as ECS, EC2, RDS, ALB, S3, Cloudformation, Fargate etc. Ideally, you have previous experience developing software on the JVM; if not, don’t worry, we all started using Scala on the job and have a strong track record sharing our passion for functional programming.
- You’re known for being a problem-solver who is eager to drive technical solutions from idea to production.
- You strive to learn, apply new technologies and challenge existing implementations. The engineering team aims to deliver the most stable, scalable and maintainable employee referral platform on the market, all while collaboratively exchanging knowledge.
- Our tech culture is one of trust and empowerment, with a team that strives for innovation & enhancement on a daily basis. You will have the opportunity to grow personally & professionally by joining our engineering team when visiting/running meet-ups, holding internal presentations, organizing tech workshops or keeping our dev-reading club alive. If this is still not enough, there are also projects you’re welcome to contribute to, e.g. open-source projects.
- We’d be happy to have someone on board with good communication skills in English (mandatory) & German (nice to have) as both languages are actively spoken at Firstbird.
Join the global leader in talent acquisition technologies that’s committed to finding new ways to leverage software, strategy and creative to enhance our clients’ employer brands – across every connection point. We’re looking for unconventional thinkers. Relentless collaborators. And ferocious innovators. Talented individuals who are ready to work towards solutions that transform the way employers and job seekers connect.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.