- New York, NY
- Regular Full-Time
What does a great Data Analyst do?
The Data Analyst’s role is to collaborate on design and implementation of data-related initiatives and systems. This includes participation in requirements gathering, analysis, planning, and developing solution. The Data Analyst is also responsible for timely data availability and system up-time through support functions and in-depth testing.
- Gathers requirements, analyzes, creates design documents, and performs impact analysis.
- Partners with team in cultivating long-term strategic goals for development in conjunction with end users, managers, clients, and other stakeholders.
- Continuously evaluate industry trends for opportunities to utilize new technologies and data sources for improvement and prepare strategies to implement these enhancements in the data
- Acts as an internal consultant to help business users develop, enhance and maintain the metadata layers, reports, report definitions and
- Assists users with problems and resolves issues
- Creates test plans, test cases, test scripts and performs testing of the related
- 3+ years of experience writing queries against traditional relational and dimensional
- 2+ years of experience building interactive dashboards with
- An in-depth knowledge of data visualization theory and technologies strongly
- Demonstrated advanced query development and design using
- 2+ years of experience using Microsoft SQL Server or similar
- 2+ years of Experience working with non-traditional databases including more than one of the following systems: Spark, Hadoop, Cloudera, MongoDB, Teradata, Hive, Azure, Cassandra, etc. a plus
- 2+ years of experience with data warehouses, data marts, and OLAP technologies
- Experience with data analytics, visualization and monitoring systems (more? What tools do we use to measure product success?), Tableau, Prometheus and Grafana a plus
- Experience with web services integration architectures, including SOAP and REST, a plus
- Experience with Agile methods a plus