- Chicago, IL
- Regular Full-Time
You will manage the flow of information within the Development department by processing, assigning and trafficking all on- and offline jobs that are requested by the account service team. You will maintain schedules to ensure deadlines are met, and will act as liaison between Creative and Account Services, effectively handling any challenges that may arise.
What does a great Traffic Manager do?
- Oversees the smooth, efficient flow of information and jobs between the Account Services team or New Business team and the Creative group
- Receives all job requests, enters information into the project database, assigns job numbers and routes all materials through appropriate channels
- Distributes instructions and materials to creative staff; ensures information is accurate and complete on work orders
- Schedules and moderates meetings to facilitate the transfer of information from Account Services
- Conducts weekly Traffic meetings with staff
- Creates timelines and reviews with Account Service Project Managers to manage client expectations. Reviews timelines with Creative Director and team to ensure all milestones and deliverable dates are accounted for and reasonable. Revises/reworks timelines as needed.
- Maintains and updates centralized schedule for all active jobs and team members to ensure deadlines are met.
- Maintains project database and distributes weekly project update report for account service staff
- Processes invoices for freelance support and accurately documents time against associated projects.
- Liaises between the creative teams and account services teams to ensure ongoing communication regarding project status
- Processes billing requests for all jobs to include pre-bills, progress bills, pro-formas, and credit requests. With input from Production Manager and VP Development, confirms billing amounts are accurate on pro-formas before submitting to Finance
- Maintains creative department’s files and job archives
- Assumes Production Manager duties as needed
Requirements for Consideration
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited four-year college or university, or related experience
- 1+ years’ experience in advertising; experience in recruitment a plus
- Strategic thinker who can solve complex business challenges
- Must be able to multitask and meet deadlines under pressure
- Attention to detail and very strong organizational skills are necessary for success
- Proven ability to act as a mediator between groups, working with cross-functional teams and gaining consensus
- Demonstrated ability to speak effectively before customers and other employees
- Strong Microsoft Office skills required, especially MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of FileMaker and Workbook software a plus
Join the global leader in talent acquisition technologies that’s committed to finding new ways to leverage software, strategy and creative to enhance our clients’ employer brands – across every connection point. We’re looking for unconventional thinkers. Relentless collaborators. And ferocious innovators. Talented individuals who are ready to work towards solutions that transform the way employers and job seekers connect.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.